Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No Longer I Live...

by D. Riggins


Galatians 2:20

I often examine life, my life in particular. And I've come to three conclusions:

1. Life is meaningless without Jesus Christ;
2. God's Word should be my most valuable possession, and;
3. It's important for me to die (bring flesh under the obedience of God) in order for Jesus Christ to live.

I'm not into catch phrases or deep religious schools of thought that have no meaning, so I didn't find these conclusions on the internet :-) But, I'm really beginning to understand the true meaning of life and my purpose down here on earth. See, it all makes sense now. Jesus said that His words are spirit and life (John 6:63)! This means that everything else the world uses to validate life, doesn't (and will never) work...period. God has sent the answer: His word, to bring life to any man or woman who chooses it today! That goes for the drunkard on Skid Row or the Millionaire in Malibu. Jesus died that so that we might live...through Him!

When I made Jesus Christ my Lord, I gave Him permission to lead my life. I figure, the best candidate to govern my life is the one who created me. So then...the choices that I make are made according to the plan that God has for my life; choices that ALWAYS line up with His Word. I don't have to guess about relationships, jobs, finances, etc. Why? My Father knows my future. I seek Him first, and He simply adds everything else (Matt 6:33).

Last, why is it so important to die (bring flesh under the obedience of God)? So, that Jesus Christ can be glorified!

The "I" phenomenon is quite popular :-) "I" seeks to go gain God's glory; "I", is self-centered; "I", is selfish; "I", is arrogant; "I" always wants the credit! When I live according to "I," it prevents others from seeing the Christ in me...

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me" (Galatians 2:20).


Pursuing Truth,

D.

“Everything that I am, is because of Jesus Christ. All that I ever do, I do it only to bring Him glory.”

No comments:

Post a Comment