Saturday, December 22, 2012

Daddy and Mama

 Dad: "Sweetie, I stopped trying to figure things out a long time ago ...because I'm not smart enough ...I'm not smart enough to buy a home on a golf course, I'm not smart enough to work for FDLE and oversee the entire criminal database ...I'm not smart enough to purchase a building for the ministry the Lord has given your mom and me ...I'm not smart enough to oversee my home and to take care of my wife and children ...I'm not smart enough to oversee the ministry as a Pastor ...I'm.not.smart.enough ...ONLY GOD ...I'm reminded everyday that without Him, I.can.do.nothing ...Baybyyy, always keep Jesus first" ...

Mom ...reminds me everyday how proud she is. The texts in the AM just to say, "I love you" ...make my heart melt ...the kind gestures just to let me know she'll always be there ...the mother/daughter lunches ...the "do you need anything" text messages ...the "I can't wait until you get married" conversations ...the seemingly random "The Lord is with you" texts that I needed just when I was at my lowest point ...The hugs and kisses that make it okay to, just for a moment, feel like a little girl again with no worries or fears ...the look that says, "I already know, you don't have to tell me ..I'll be praying for you" ...

Pursuing Truth,

D.


 “Everything that I am, is because of Jesus Christ. All that I ever do, I do it only to bring Him glory.”

No comments:

Post a Comment