Monday, November 24, 2014

God Does Not Change (Instagram)

Interestingly enough, when I was set in my ways and dead in sin, this characteristic of God agitated me. I was agitated because I wanted to still do my thing and make life work for me ...when it didn't, I'd refuse God's love because ...well...I thought He was a genie and He was supposed to give me what I wanted. Until I hit bottom ...it was in that moment that I embraced His consistency in love and grace. Today, I'm glad God doesn't change ...I'm glad He doesn't go back on His Word ...I'm glad He doesn't fix His Word to fit my plans and motives. Instead, He is established, settled, and has completed alll things. How we choose to embrace this consistency is up to us. The fact that His Word doesn't change gives me hope, inspires me, and leads me to an expected end! I'm glad He doesn't budge when I have pity parties and temper tantrums ...that's His love towards me ...to challenge towards His best for me ...to stand on His Word as Truth ...that it will work, always. I'm glad that even when I'm slack concerning His Word, He allows me to pick up where I left off. See, His Word will work for us when we choose to commit to it! It's not our committing that causes God to move on our behalf ...it's our committing that enables us to get where and what He's ALREADY made available! Amen!! Happy Monday!!

Pursuing Truth, D.

No comments:

Post a Comment