Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lessons Learned (Instagram)

Experience is a great teacher!! ...each generation should get better! If "better" isn't what we're seeing, social media, the government, and Beyonce aren't to blame. What are we pouring into our children? Who is their hope/role model? Sometimes we adults base TRUTH from our personal experiences and have the propensity to pass this TRUTH along to our children because "we did it". Children are a DIRECT reflection of what we teach and model. 

I'll use dating, clubbing, drinking, grinding/hustling or anything else that has the potential to distract us and ultimately separate us from God, as examples. My parents ruled the nightclubs as my father was a DJ and mom was a waitress. When they got saved, they presented a better way to live and encouraged me to enjoy life outside of the nightclub because they knew the dangers of it. My dad often tells me that God has ONE man for me! So I never have to go out looking, "trying the field", "just having fun". I've challenged parents when it comes to teenage dating ...it's not innocent fun anymore! Teens have access (smart phones) to allll sorts of things and the only persons your son or daughter should be intimate/close with is you and The Lord. ANY form of intimacy (long talks, exposed secrets, holding hands, sex etc.) that are intended for ONE person become dangerous when that intimacy is shared with multiple people. 

I've seen the life that is drained from a once cheerful girl when her "heart is broken" and it tears me up because they were encouraged to essentially give their heart away. When we know the truth of God's Word, it gives clarity to the true intentions of God for our lives. Protect your child's heart ...help them keep guard over it. I use drinking as another example because now that I know the truth, no one can convince me there's hope at the bottom of shot glass, or beer can. Our hope, peace, joy are in Jesus and this is what we should aspire to direct our children (seed, legacy) towards. While the nightclub may bring temporary excitement, the nightcap usually ends in returning home with the same problems. This is why it's vital we study God's Word to learn of the beautiful plans He has for us. Love y'all!

I'm Free ...

No comments:

Post a Comment