Sunday, March 15, 2015

What are you Building? (Instagram)

Friends, one day, our investments, prizes, and motives will be tried by fire. Will your work survive? What consumes you? What are you chasing? What has your attention? What are your aspirations? Many build their body of work on hay and stubble (pride, self-effort, entitlement, self-promotion) vs silver, gold, and precious stones (service, kingdom increase, legacy building) ...only to look up one day and realize all of their "hard work" was in vain. The beauty of being in relationship with Jesus is, if we allow, He directs our motives and works. Those who are content in their God-given assignment steadily work as unto The Lord ...not for more money, public recognition, and empty fulfillment. 

We know, when we allow ourselves to stay in obedience to God's plans for our lives, all things work together for good. We also know that He is the one who gives increase and promotions, as EVERY need is met. Diving into God's Word is my life! I can't go a day without hearing and reading it because it sustains me, gives me direction, hope, and reminds me of how much God loves me. 3 years ago, when my sports performance business was booming, I scaled it back significantly so that I could work with kids ...there was a need and I wanted to serve. I took a temporary pay cut, but it allowed me to slowww dowwwn, REST and to hear from God. Today, all of my needs are met! Promotions are coming in and my business has taken off with a fresh perspective! ...and I do it all to bring Him glory! #nothingmissingnothingbroken
I'm Free ...

No comments:

Post a Comment